space design architecture ltd is a fully chartered RIBA architectural practice founded by Robert Freer, a chartered architect and CDM co-ordinator.
Robert has over 20 years architectural experience and prior to forming space design was a company director for a medium sized practice based in Plymouth. Please refer to the CV link for further information.
- CDM co-ordination
- 3d design
- interior design
- cost control
- project management
space design has realised significant projects in the residential, leisure and commercial sectors, always working with a green ethos to suit the client’s budget.
The practice is committed to design excellence, producing thoughtful and sensitive solutions within commercial constraints.
The particular qualities of the practice are as follows:
- the ability to establish close and pro-active professional working relationships with clients, consultants and building contractors
- a flexible office structure with the ability to ‘tool up and down’ to suit the clients requirements and deliver to tight deadlines
- a clear understanding of the briefing process and the nature and means of regular consultations with the client, consultants and local authorities
- the ability to generate clear and imaginative solutions within pre-determined constraints
- the owner is personally involved in all aspects of the design and construction process from inception to completion
- fully integrated computer facilities with 3d visualisation capabilities
space design has highlighted environmental policy as a key issue and is committed to affirm the responsibility of the architectural profession to contribute to the quality and sustainability of the natural and built environments.
Addressing the issues raised by environmental friendly development can reduce building costs, running costs, and maintenance costs. It can have commercial benefits whilst providing a healthier interior space for the occupants through the reduction of sick building syndrome.
We aim to encourage our clients and consultants on all projects to adopt sustainable measures in order to maximise the green potential available.
why use a RIBA chartered architect?
An RIBA Chartered Architect can help you realise your objectives and guide you through the design and construction process. They provide a service that extends well beyond producing a set of drawings – they will handle the paperwork, bring value for money, peace of mind and imagination to your project whilst keeping it on track.
Selecting the right architect is one of the most significant decisions a client can make.
Cornwall Council; Saltash Town Council; Torpoint Town Council; Saltash.Net School; The National Trust; St. Lukes Hospice; The Original Factory Shop; Kata Estates; Debut, RMB Chivenor; Debut, HMS Excellent; Debut, Upavon; MoD; Menheniot Tennis Club; Plymouth Coptic Orthodox Church; May Gurney; Steak and Omelette; Martins Newsagents; Whitsand Bay Hotel